Tater in the tater toys is a short form for the word potato. The story of tater tots started by the Griggs sibling in their kitchen. They are the founders of Ore-Ida, an American brand of frozen potato. The two siblings were trying to finish off the leftovers ingredients, and suddenly, tater tots happened.
Surprised by the deliciousness of the seasoned deep-fried potato, they started to commercialise tater tots. Though the taste of tater tots is jaw-dropping, people still won’t accept tater tots. The source of this problem was probably because of the price of the tater tots. Not because of the high price, but because of the low price of the tater tots. It was so cheap that people were sceptical of the value and taste.
To solve the problem, the two brothers raised the price and it was the best solution. People started to buy tater tots and enjoyed the taste. The Griggs were selling the tots at a cheap price because of the easy ingredients and preparations. Nowadays, tater tots are among the most consumed snacks by the Americans. People enjoy eating tater tots day and night. The taste of the crunchy deep-fried tots is perfect with the soft and gentle taste of the potato. Here is a simple recipe of this super delicious tater tots:
- Garlic powder
- Canola oil
- Preheat the oven.
- Peel off the potatoes and cut them into large parts.
- Boil the chunk potatoes until it tenders.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool for a while.
- Grate the potatoes in a food processor.
- Drain the excess liquid.
- Place the boiled potatoes in a large bowl.
- Mash the boiled potatoes with cornstarch, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add canola oil into a skillet over medium heat.
- Shape thumb-size balls of the potatoes out of the mixtures.
- Fry the thumb-sized potato balls.
- Drain on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- To make it crispier, bake the thumb-sized potato balls in the oven for 20 minutes.
Now, your tater tots are at your service. Enjoy snacking your tater tots with your friends while watching the new released NCT music video. Visit foodpanda to learn more about simple recipes from all over the world.