Having braised chicken alone with rice is already a hearty meal. Did you know that you can infuse this dish with noodles too? What’s more surprising is that you can create this dish in the comfort of your home!
With bursting tastes of Thai flavours, the Thai Braised Chicken Noodles recipe is undoubtedly easy to follow and an excellent idea for your dinner. This dish looks more like a curry noodle because we use the Thai chilli paste. So, have fun making this dish!
Here’s what you’ll need.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1/3 cup of julienne-cut peeled fresh ginger
- ¼ cup of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Thai chilli paste
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 bag baby carrots
- 1 can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 fresh stalk lemongrass, cut half lengthwise
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 large packets of noodles
- 1.2 cup sliced green onions
- 4 lime wedges
- Using a pot, cook the packets of noodles under medium heat. Then, set aside.
- Meanwhile, cut off the coriander roots about 4cm along the stem and halve them lengthwise. Set aside.
- Later, place coriander roots, garlic and peppercorns in a mortar and pestle, and pound to a paste.
- Then, heat oil in a large pot that can fit all the chicken pieces. Stir the paste for about a minute or until it is fragrant. After that, add the chicken pieces and cook until they turn golden brown. Then, add the rest of the ingredients except the cilantro, noodles, green onions and lime wedges, and let them cook together.
- Gently simmer until the chicken is tender and can be shredded with a fork. Then, remove the chicken from the stock and shred the meat, discarding any bones. Next, strain the stock and keep warm.
- To serve, divide the cooked noodles and steamed greens among serving bowls. Top with chicken meat and pour over the warm stock. Add crispy shallots, egg, reserved coriander leaves and some chilli powder. Not to forget, place the lime wedges along with the dish.
Thai Braised Chicken Noodles Recipe
Isn’t that super easy to make? You can prepare this dish within 2 hours, and then start serving yourself and your family members the meal you made out of love! Enjoy the well-balanced flavours in a bowl with more elements to pimp this dish.
Check out foodpanda magazine to find out what else to make. Also, if you are lazy to prepare more recipes, get your hands on the foodpanda app and order what you like! Your order will be right at your doorstep in no time!