Very similar to the Thai Chicken Coconut Soup, this authentic Thai dish is to die for! It could be one of the most awaited dinners by family and friends. This curry is an easy one-skillet dish that will take you only 20 minutes to do. It is layered with robust fabulous flavours and with low-calories, low-carb. It means it is healthy and yet a comfort food for many. So, get your hands on this recipe for Thai Chicken Coconut Curry and amaze your family members.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 medium or large sweet Vidalia or yellow onion, diced small
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced o pressed
- 2-3 teaspoons ground ginger / 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1-1 ½ cups of shredded carrots
- 1-3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Use a large skillet, add oil and onion. Saute it over medium-high heat until the onion begins to soften. Stir intermittently.
- Then, add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Next, add garlic, ginger and coriander, and cook for a minute until there is fragrance.
- Later, add coconut milk, carrots, Thai curry paste, salt and pepper and stir it well. After some time, reduce the heat to medium temperature and allow the mixture to boil gently until the volume is reduced and the texture thickens slightly.
- Then, add the spinach and lime juice and stir it well. Cook until the spinach wilts and becomes tender.
- Lastly, sprinkle cilantro onto the curry and serve with rice.
Rich in taste and delicious, will keep you wanting more. This recipe for Thai Chicken Coconut Curry has a scrumptious trademark of its own. As you take each slurp, you will enjoy the spicy and milky kick of the curry. This dish is best eaten with rice or paratha. If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our other Thai dishes like our Thai Chicken Skewers and Thai Pandan Chicken.
Also, if you are not interested to be in a hassle of cooking, get your favourite food via foodpanda and receive it right at your doorstep.