As the name says, this dish is filled with its Thai authenticity. This classic chicken and coconut soup gets its rich and dynamic flavours from the Thai ingredients such as the coconut milk, lemongrass, fresh ginger, lime juice, fish sauce, chilli paste, basil and cilantro.
It is a comforting dish that is made very quickly that you will take nothing more than 20 minutes to make it and of course, it tastes even better the next day when you heat the soup. The thick and savoury-sweet broth will surely be loved by all your family members. Now, let’s get into the recipe!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 quarter-size slices fresh ginger
- 1 fresh stalk lemongrass, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken breast or thighs, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Thai chilli paste
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine coconut milk, broth, ginger and lemongrass and bring to boil over high heat.
- Then, add the chicken, mushrooms, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and chilli paste. Mix well.
- After some time, reduce the heat and simmer the dish until the chicken is firm and opaque.
- Later, discard the lemongrass from the soup. Place the sop in separate small bowls.
- garnish the servings with basil and cilantro.
Now that you have the recipe is ready, head up to your nearest store to purchase all the ingredients to make this delicious soup for your dinner. You can pair up this dish with noodles or rice.
Also, if you are lazy to make yourself dinner, you can download the foodpanda app and order your likings and get them delivered to you right at your doorstep!