Would you believe if I said that the simplest chicken skewer would get you craving for it again and again? Merely for its juiciness that is so addictive! This Thai Chicken Skewer has its inherent richness that can handle dry heat of the grill without losing too much moisture. You can also call it grilled chicken kebab.
So, you should take up this Thai Chicken Skewer recipe and present it to your family and friends this weekend so you can impress them with your skills despite it being a simple dish. You will spend nothing more than 20 minutes near the fire.
Here’s what you need:
- 4 limes, juiced and zest of 1
- 1 bunch coriander, stalks and leaves chopped separately
- 1 ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive or rapeseed oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 ½ teaspoon Thai curry paste
- 8 skinless chicken breasts
- Sweet chilli sauce
- In a bowl, mix the lime juice, zest, coriander stalks, sugar, fish sauce, oil, garlic, ginger and curry paste. Set marinade aside.
- Then, slice each chicken breasts into 4 strips lengthways and coat with the marinade. Later, refrigerate them for at least 2 hours. Best to leave it a night.
- Meanwhile, soak 32 wooden brochette sticks in water for about 30 minutes.
- Then, thread each strip onto a wooden brochette stick, weaving it in and out
- Next, preheat the grill or barbecue and cook the chicken for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until they cook through.
- Lastly, arrange all the sticks on a platter. Serve with a pot of sweet chilli sauce and sprinkle some coriander leaves on it.
Thai Chicken Skewer Recipe
Now that you have this Thai Chicken Skewer recipe in your hands, don’t wait anymore to amaze your family members! On the other side, if you’re having a lazy weekend and you don’t know what to snack on, order from foodpanda and get your food delivered right at your doorstep. Not to forget, you can pair this dish with some rolls and enjoy the best weekend!