There’s always something about the smell of coffee that rejuvenates your senses and make you feel like you are ready to conquer the world. Whether you are into sweet delicacies or bitter indulgence, there are all sorts of coffee for everyone.
To some, coffee might just be a drink that allows you to stay awake throughout the day but to coffee enthusiasts, the making of the coffee itself is an art that is worthy of appreciation. In fact, coffee is so appreciated that almost every country in the world has its own signature way of brewing and serving coffee. The Thai Coffee in particular, is made with three basic ingredients and it is perfect for those who love sweet and aromatic coffee.
Unlike Vietnamese coffee, the Thai Coffee is easier to prepare (it literally takes less than 5 minutes) but will give you a triumphant sensation in your mouth. The Thai Coffee is easy to make and it can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
- A coffee machine
- 2 Tablespoon of ground coffee of choice
- 2 tablespoon of sweetened condensed milk or unsweetened condensed milk
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cardamom or cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon of Almond extract
- ½ cup of Water
- Brew your coffee of choice with the almond extract separately in the coffee machine before transferring it into another coffee pot. Clean your filter and start fresh.
- To prepare the Thai Coffee, place the cardamom powder or ground cardamom into the filter of your coffee machine. The cardamom is the ingredient that gives Thai Coffee its distinct taste. Place ½ cup of water into the machine if you are serving a cup of coffee for yourself or put enough water to make 2 cups of coffee.
- Pour the brewed coffee prepared earlier into the 2 cups of coffee with cardamom. Slowly add condensed milk and stir. Serve immediately with biscuits on the side or on its own.
- If you don’t have a coffee machine, combine the ground coffee, almond extract, water and condensed milk in a pitcher and stir until all the ingredients are combined. Add the cardamom powder before serving.
- The Thai Coffee can also be enjoyed cold by simply adding ice to the drink.
- Take your Thai Coffee art up a notch by serving it with whipped cream and a dash of coffee powder.