Thai cold chicken feet salad is sour, spicy and very delicious. It is a typical Thai salad you can order in Thai restaurants often served with tomatoes, onions and coriander. This Thai Cold Chicken Feet Salad recipe is an excellent salad for an appetizer or just a snack!
- 400 gram boneless frozen chicken feet
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 shallot, chopped
- 1 -2 red chilli
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Coriandar, roughly chopped
- For the Seasoning
- 5 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- First, boil a pot of water and cook the chicken feet until the feet turn white. This should take about 10 minutes. Then, immediately soak the feet in ice-cold water and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Next, mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Once the feet are cold, drain them and set on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken feet, chopped tomatoes and onions.
- Add in the sauce and mix well. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with coriander leaves or toasted sesame seeds.
Thai Cold Chicken Feet Salad Recipe
There you have it, a simple way to make this local Thai favourite. For those of you who are hesitant to try this dish, we assure you that chicken feet dishes are common all around Asia. They are packed with collagen, chewy and a delightful dish when prepared right.
If you couldn’t be bothered to go out shopping to get all the ingredients listed above, head on over to the foodpanda app and have your favourite meals delivered to you!