Fried rice is by far, one of the best dishes to have. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack? It’s a great plate of comfort and if you’re crafty, a smart way to make lemonade out of lemons. We know there’s that one plate of fried rice that can make you cave and get you to binge eat even though you’ve just had your meal. And that is Thai Crab Meat Fried Rice, which is our recipe for today!
In this recipe for Thai Crab Meat Fried Rice, we’ll be teaching you the simple steps it takes to make this fantastic dish.
- 3-4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 large cloves minced garlic
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt, to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cooked lump crab meat (half of a 16 oz. can)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges
- In a wok over medium-high heat, pour in the oil and add in the minced ginger. Stir fry for 30 seconds before adding in the garlic.
- Once the garlic turns golden, add in the cooked rice. Raise the heat to high and stir the rice vigorously.
- Add in the white pepper, fish sauce and soy sauce. Try to get all parts of the rice covered in the seasonings.
- Lower the heat and spread the rice evenly in the wok. Next, pour in the beaten eggs all over the rice.
- On high heat once again, stir the rice until every part of the rice is coated with the egg. Add the crab to the rice and stir continuously until the crab pieces are heated through.
- Turn off the heat and immediately top with the chopped scallions and cilantro.
- Once the leaves have slightly wilted serve with wedges of lime.
There you have it!
This simple recipe for Thai Crab Meat Fried Rice will impress your friends and family. If you’re not in the mood to cook, then head on over to the foodpanda app and have your favourite meals delivered to you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to foodpanda Magazine as well for daily updates on food!