Thai green tea or Thai iced tea is a popular refreshing beverage in Southeast Asia. Strongly brewed Ceylon tea is one of the Thai tea best sources. Ceylon tea is a tea cultivated in the highlands of Sri Lanka that is famous for its distinct flavour and high antioxidant content.
Black tea is commonly used to make Thai iced tea and its high antioxidant content helps to prevent coronary disease, bowel discomfort, diabetes and cancer. Consuming black tea also helps in aiding weight loss and stabilising your blood sugar.
Furthermore, black tea does give you a nice little amount of caffeine per cup, and it is suitable for your brain function. The rich antioxidants drinks are proven powerful in health-promoting properties which make the tea worth being included in your daily diet.
The Thai iced tea is best enjoyed hot or cold and mixing them with some sugar and milk make the drinks more tempting and flavourful to your taste bud.
- One tablespoon Thai black tea
- 1 cup of hot water
- Two teaspoons of sweetened condensed milk
- Two teaspoons of evaporated milk
- Two teaspoons of sugar
- 1 cup of crushed ice
- Mix well one tablespoon of Thai black tea with 1 cup of hot water in a pot or bowl.
- Filter the tea powder to get the black liquid tea, and it is best if you use the tea sock to extract the tea flavour and colour.
- Prepare a new cup and pour in 1 glass of the hot black tea.
- Add two teaspoons of sugar, two teaspoons of sweetened condensed milk and give it a gentle stir.
- Next, add two teaspoons of evaporated milk and stir until they mix well.
- To make it looks nice, take two pitchers and pour the tea from one to another to make a little foam and bubbles to the drink.
- Prepare the serving cup and fill in with the crushed ice.
- Pour the well-mix froth-rich tea over the cup of ice.
- Your Thai Iced tea is ready to enjoy!
Check out more of our wide selections of restaurants at foodpanda and order you favourite Thai Iced Tea today.