Pork neck is commonly used in Thai cuisine. The capability of holding longer moisture in the meat made it can be cooked longer than others.
Apart from pork neck, you can also use other meats such as chicken and beef. Grilled pork neck is a well-known Cantonese dish. The marinated pork neck is generally prepared overnight and cooked the very next day. Thai Grilled Pork Neck is usually served with homemade sauce and glutinous rice.
- 600g pork neck, cut into ½-inch thick
- One tablespoon brown sugar
- Two tablespoons oyster sauce
- One tablespoon fish sauce
- Two tablespoons whisky
- ¼ shallots (sliced thinly)
- One tablespoon of lime juice
- One tablespoon of dried red paper flakes
- Mix all the sauces, brown sugar and whisk together in a medium bowl. Then, marinate the pork with the mixture and refrigerate for anytime between 2 to 6 hours. Grill the marinated pork neck and slice it thinly.
- Combine the shallots and flakes in the same bowl. Pour one tablespoon of lime juices into the container. Adjust the taste with more fish sauce, lime juice and sugar.
Log on to foodpanda to order more of your favourite Thai dishes.