Recipe: Thai Kuey Teow Soup
Sawadika! You are missing out if you have never tried Thai kuey teow soup ever in your life. If you go to Thailand, you should try the dish at least once. I am sure that you are going to love it and you would want some again. Other than that, it is a simple dish.
This kuey teow soup can be eaten for lunch or dinner. It is best taken during raining season to warm your body. If you want something lighter than rice, you can go for this meal. It is not only delicious, but it is also fulfilling to your tummy. If you go to any restaurants or stalls at Thailand, it is confirmed that you can find this in their menu.
For some people, the dish is also an option to serve your guests at home, either family or friends. Thai kuey teow soup is not just famous among the locals; it is also healthy to be consumed. As it is a soup dish and it does not contain too much fat. The protein from the noodles is good and acts as a source of energy for us to carry out our daily activities.
However, instead of eating the dish at some restaurants or stalls, it is also not that difficult to make it at home. If you want to cook it in your kitchen, you can add more ingredients to your liking. Maybe you want to add more chicken meat or beef or even seafood.
You can throw in more vegetables inside the dish too. Follow the recipe below to get the best Thai kuey teow soup straight out from your kitchen.
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 1 bag rice noodles
- 500g of chicken meatballs
- 1 bag bean sprouts
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- 1 tsp. of white pepper
- 5 cups of water
- green chilli
- red chilli flakes
- fried garlic
- Cook the chicken meatballs for a couple minutes on a pan.
- Place the rice noodles inside hot boiling water for a few minutes and let it cook.
- When it is done, strain the noodles and put aside.
- Pour the water into a large pot and heat it.
- Add garlic, salt, sugar, and white pepper into the water. Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken meatballs into the broth.
- Take a bowl and place a sufficient amount of rice noodles.
- Pour the soup and chicken meatballs into the bowl over rice noodles.
- Season it with red chilli flakes and fried garlic.
Article Written By Mico Hu
Mico is a professional creative writer in Foodpanda. She writes about travel, fashion, and food. Also, she enjoy travelling to new places and also eating delicious food.