Quench your thirst with a glass of Thai Mango Shake! This refreshing drink is actually a popular drink in Thailand where the locals would often enjoy this drink when on the beach or a normal sunny day. The reason people love this drink is because of the richness in flavour of sweet and creaminess that the mango provides.
Not only is this drink so simple to make at home, but you can even pair the mango with coconut, banana or papaya to enhance the creamy, thick and smooth texture of the drink and strike a balance between acidity and sweetness. Some also prefer to add other ingredients, such as yoghurt and honey.
Check out the simple recipe down below and enjoy a glass (or two) of this chilled and refreshing delight! It really does bring out the imagination of going to the beach.
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 1 to 2 ripe mangoes (depending on the size of glass)
- 30ml of fresh milk
- 200g of crushed ice
- 2 tbsp of evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tsp of sugar syrup
- a pinch of salt
- a few mints leave for garnishing
- half cup of water
- Pour and stir the mixture of water and 2 tablespoons of sugar into a small saucepan.
- Then, boil the mixture under low to moderate heat for approximately 3 to 5 minutes while continuously stirring until the sugar completely dissolves in the water.
- Pour the sugar solution mixture into a cup and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Cut the ripe mangoes into many small sizable portions and place the small mango portions into the blender.
- Add and blend sugar syrup, evaporated milk, salt, crushed ice and the boiled sugar solution mixture into the blender along with the small mango portions. Blend the mixture until the mixture is smooth in texture.
- Pour the blended mango mixture into a glass. Garnish by topping the drink with some fresh mint leaves. Enjoy!