Recipe: Thai Minced Beef with Herbs
Recipe: Thai Minced Beef With Herbs
In Thailand, you can find so many dishes that can complement its steamed jasmine rice. From sweet and sour fish, omelette, to kailan with salted fish – you name it. If you go there, you do not have to worry whether you are going to starve because there is a long list of food that you can eat. In fact, your only problem could be which dish you want to have for lunch. You will be utterly confused as everything looks good. Besides pad krapow, another dish that is famous among locals is minced beef with herbs. On one look, it looks like pad krapow, but it is actually different. Beef contains protein which gives energy to our body. Therefore, we can carry out our daily activities such as working or doing house chores effectively. This means that minced beef with herbs is a healthy meal.
The preparation of making the dish and cooking is simple and do not require too much time. You will not have to spend too long in the kitchen, especially when you are hungry. Follow the recipe below so you can make Thai minced beef with herbs in your own kitchen. It is best served while it is still hot.
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 500g of minced beef
- 2 tbsp. of cooking oil
- 5 cloves of garlic
- ½ of salt
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- 2 tbsp. of sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp. of fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. of cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp. of basil leaves
- 2 tbsp. of mint leaves
- 1 scallion
- Cook jasmine rice for two servings in a rice pot.
- Heat a pan on a stove. Pour the cooking oil and wait until it is hot.
- Add garlic into the pan and stir for a minute until the aroma comes out.
- Pour the minced beef into the pan and keep stirring. Let it cook until it turns brown.
- Add salt, sugar and chilli to season the beef. Stir continuously.
- Next, combine sweet chilli sauce and fish sauce together and pour into the pan. Stir the ingredients well for another few minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro, basil, mint, and scallion on top of the beef. Keep stirring.
- Turn off the heat and take out the beef. Place properly onto a plate.
- Serve immediately with steamed jasmine rice.
Article Written By Mico Hu
Mico is a professional creative writer in Walk Production. She writes about travel, fashion, and food. Also, she enjoy travelling to new places and also eating delicious food.