Find your craving for Thai pandan chicken? This dish is excellent as an appetiser, snack or served with rice. The chicken is enveloped with fragrant pandan leaves which give a subtle taste to the chicken pieces. These pandan leaves are commonly found and used in Malaysia to infuse desserts and foods with its pleasant aroma and sweet taste. Check out the recipe for Thai pandan chicken below.
Ingredients (Serving size: 4):
- Pandan leaves
- 2 pieces of skinless, boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/8 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp oyster sauce
- 1/8 tsp sesame oil
- 3 dashes white pepper powder
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp fish sauce
- 3 inches fresh ginger, grated and squeezed for juice
- Mix the chicken pieces in the seasonings above in a bowl.
- Add the ginger juice and let it marinate for an hour.
- Put a piece of chicken on the end of a pandan leaf and roll it up tightly.
- Hold the pandan leaf tightly around the chicken with a toothpick.
- Deep fry the wrapped chicken until it is golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Thai Pandan Chicken Recipe
If you don’t have time to make this dish, then you can order delivery using foodpanda and get your meal delivered right to your doorstep.