Thai Red Peanut Curry is famous in Thailand, and being part of Nusantara, Malaysians love it too. We all live by thick and flavourful curry. If you and your friends are to organise a potluck or have a family gathering, this dish is a great option to make which gets most of the job done. So, let’s head on to the Thai Red Peanut Curry recipe now!
- 2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut into chunks
- 1-2 large handful of chopped vegetables, cut into chunks
- 2 cans of 13 ounces each of coconut milk
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 of 4 ounces cans of Panang curry paste
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1-2 tbsp sugar to taste
- 2-3 tbsp peanut butter to taste
- Thai holy basil leaves for garnish
- Warm the coconut milk in a large pot or wok, but do not let it boil. Then, add the curry paste and garlic, and stir frequently while it simmers until the oil in the paste starts to separate and form a thin film on top of the simmering coconut milk.
- Next, add the chicken and let it simmer until the chicken is just cooked. Later, add the sugar, peanut butter and fish sauce and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Only then, add all the vegetables and simmer them until they are cooked. Lastly, before serving, toss in half of the basil leaves and save the rest to toss on the finished dish as a garnish.
- Serve over steamed rice.
Thai Red Peanut Curry (Paneang) Recipe
There you have it, your very own Thai Red Peanut Curry to share with your loved ones! If you love curry dishes, try preparing your own Vegetable Curry, Thai Chicken Coconut Curry, or Chicken Curry.
However, if you find it a hassle to prepare your own dish, just order a well-prepped meal via foodpanda and have it delivered right to your doorstep. Dine with foodpanda today!