Thai Schnitzel Sandwich is a creative and attractive dish originated from Thailand, and this is sure to be children’s favourite. The tender chicken schnitzel inside a crusty sub roll with lettuce, mayo, lemon juice and mustard will get you drooling in no time.
What’s more surprising is that it will not take you more than 20 minutes to prepare this delicious dish. Go for it now with this Thai Schnitzel Sandwich recipe!
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 sandwich rolls, split
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Lemon, juiced
- 4 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 4 leaves chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Place the chicken between 2 sheets of heavy plastic on a stable, levelled surface. Then, firmly pound with the smooth side of a meat mallet to an even thickness. Later, season generously with salt and pepper.
- Next, pour flour into a large, flat dish. Beat eggs thoroughly in a shallow bowl. Then pour bread crumbs into another large, flat plate.
- Then, dredge each piece of chicken in the flour, dip in beaten eggs and coat with bread crumbs.
- Preheat oven at 95 degrees C.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the breaded chicken in batches until they turn golden brown, for about 5 minutes each side. Then, drain on an ovenproof plate lined with paper towels. Keep warm in the oven.
- Next, spread mayonnaise over the bottom half of each sandwich roll. Top with 1 piece of breaded chicken, a few drops of lemon juice, 1 dash hot sauce and 1 lettuce leaf. Lastly, spread mustard over the top half of each sandwich roll and place the halves over lettuce to form sandwiches. Serve while warm.
Thai Schnitzel Sandwich Recipe
There you have the simple yet tempting Thai Schnitzel Sandwich. It is sure to be children’s favourite with the colourful and attractive presentation of the dish.
If you are lazy, you could always order via the foodpanda app and get your food delivered to you right at your doorstep.