Glass noodle is made from mung bean flour enriched with carbs and also is gluten-free. A dish tossed with glass noodle can be a very low calorie when you cook them. In Thailand, this meal is suitable for those who want to lose weight.
In the market, the ingredients contained in glass noodle or also known as Chinese Vermicelli should be bean starch or pea starch without the addition of wheat and eggs. The capability of glass noodles to absorb liquid easily make them being boiled in a short of time which is about to 3 to 6 minutes before ready to be served.
Also, the number of nutrients contained in glass noodles make them a complex carbohydrate. It might look lighter than pasta, but it could provide 36% of your daily carbs which can be listed as a great source of fuel for your body. This noodle could replace rice and noodles in our daily meals, especially during lunch and dinner. Enjoy!
- One chicken breast
- 100g dried glass noodles (or bean thread noodles)
- Three garlic cloves (minced)
- One onion (sliced)
- Two eggs
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- One large mild red chilli (sliced)
- 1 ½ tsp fish sauce
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp dark sweet soy sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- Soak the noodles in a large bowl with warm water for 8-10 minutes until soft enough to eat. Drain and set aside for the next step.
- Slice the chicken breast into bite-size pieces and combine the chicken with marinade ingredients in a bowl. Put the bowl in the refrigerator to marinate until you start to cook.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add the garlic and the onion and stir-fry for a minute. Stir the chicken for another 3 minutes until the chicken is nearly cooked. Add the shredded carrot and stir it for another minute until the chicken is added. Before pouring the eggs, spread the ingredients out to create a space in the middle of the pan. Next, allow the eggs to break them up and toss them with other ingredients after they are poured. Mix the noodles with Thai sauce and add them into the pan until all is combined. Then, make sure to toss them through the chilli and spring onion. Your glass noodles are ready to serve.