Everyone loves a good bowl of hot beef noodles. However, recently I have discovered a special noodle dish, which is the Thai Sukhothai Noodles.
With similar cooking methods as Thai beef noodles, Sukhothai noodles consist of chicken pieces, rice noodles and other vegetable ingredients.The fragrant scent of cilantro is what makes this dish so tasty and comforting.
Here is how you can make Thai Sukhothai Noodles at home for your loved ones.
For the basic ingredients, you will need as the following:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces (you may use whichever parts that you like)
- Green beans, cut into small lengths
- 1 packet of rice noodles
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups of water
For the Sukhothai noodles toppings, you will need:
- 2 limes, sliced into four pieces
- 4 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of cilantro leaves
- Some chopped peanuts
- 1 tbsp of fried garlic crisps
- 1 tbsp of Thai chilli paste
- 2 tsp of fish sauce
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 2 tsp of Thai chilli flakes
How To Make It?
- In a large pot, pour in the chicken broth and water. Bring it to a boil.
- Once the broth is boiling, turn down the heat to let it simmer. Add in the chopped chicken parts and let it simmer until fully cooked.
- In another pot, cook the rice noodles according to the package instructions. Once done, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In the same pot used to cook the rice noodles, boil water for the green beans.
- Blanch the green beans for about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a serving bowl, add in the chilli paste and put in the cooked green beans.
- Mix in the rice noodles and the chicken with its broth. Stir the mixture until chilli paste is evenly combined.
- As for the toppings, you may adjust according to your preference.
- Generally, we will add in the fish sauce, sugar, chilli flakes and peanuts.
- Finally, you may choose to add in the cilantro leaves and scallions to enhance the flavour.
- You can add in the fried garlic as well. If you are not a fan of garlic taste, you may skip this step.
- Serve while hot.
Tips: In general, rice noodles are very fast and easy to cook. When cooking them, make sure not to overcook the noodles. We want them to be soft and tender. Happy cooking!