If you’ve been looking for a quick and easy recipe on tiramisu, well we have the answer for you! If you follow the recipe below, you’ll find that the classic coffee-flavoured dessert is a lot easier to make than you think.
The dessert is made from ladyfingers dipped in espresso and layered with a cream filling. In this context, ladyfingers refer to the sweet, finger-shaped sponge cake also known as Savoiardi biscuits. When layered with cream, it adds a lovely cake-like texture to the dessert. You can probably find these biscuits in large grocery stores.
So, if you’re in the mood to make good tiramisu from the comfort of your own home, follow the recipe below.
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of brewed expresso (warm or room temperature)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 ¾ cup of mascarpone cheese (room temperature)
- ½ cup of coffee flavoured liquor (optional)
- 40 – 45 ladyfingers / Savoiardi biscuits
- 6 large eggs
- Cocoa for dusting
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and granulated sugar on top of a double boiler. Reduce the heat to low and continue whisking for about 10 minutes.
- Then, remove from heat and continue to whisk until the yolks achieve a thick consistency. Let it cool a few minutes.
- Add mascarpone and vanilla extract to the whipped yolks and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer and whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks. Do this by whipping the cream on low and gradually increasing the speed over 10 minutes.
- Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture and set aside.
- Combine the expresso and coffee liquor in a separate bowl. Dip the ladyfingers into the mixture for 1 – 2 seconds. Do not soak them.
- Arrange the ladyfingers on the bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Spoon half of the mascarpone cream over the ladyfingers and spread the cream to smoothen out the surface.
- Repeat the process with another later of ladyfingers.
- Add another layer of cream.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Dust with cocoa before dusting. Enjoy!
There you have it, folks! A recipe on tiramisu for you to make from the comfort of your own home. If you love baking and are looking for more cake recipes, check out these recipe for New York Cheesecake.
Discover more food options and order some snacks or drinks using the foodpanda app! Just a few clicks and food will be right at your doorstep.