Tofu puffs, or known as ‘tow-hu tawt in Thai are deep fried bean curds which are cut into triangular or cubed pieces. The tofu puffs itself does not have any taste, but if you combine it with sauce and meat, you will be surprised at how delicious it is! You will also be surprised at how simple the recipe for these tofu puffs is.
You would often find frozen tofu puffs in the refrigerator section in Asian supermarkets. But you can also make your own tofu puffs at home if you do not want to spend money in buying them. Here we have prepared a recipe which you can follow in making your own tofu puffs.
- 300g of tofu puffs, washed and drained
- 200g of minced pork
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 chopped green onion
- 3 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 minced onion
- 1 tablespoon of starch
- 2 teaspoons of starch
- 1 tablespoon of Lao Gan Ma
- 1 bowl of water
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Prepare a bowl of warm water and place the mushrooms in the warm water. Leave it to soak for 30 minutes. Once done, cut the mushrooms.
- In a bowl, add in salt, ½ tablespoon of dark soy sauce, ½ tablespoon of light soy sauce and starch. Mix them together.
- Next, poke a hole in the tofu puffs using chopsticks. Then, fill in the tofu puffs with meat.
- Prepare a pan. Put in some oil into the pan and heat it up. Then, place the tofu puffs onto the heated pan and stir-fry until the colour of each side turns golden.
- Add in 2 teaspoons of starch, ½ bowl of water Lao Gan Ma and the remaining soy sauce. Close the pan with the lid and leave it to cook for 7-8 minutes under middle heat. Ensure sauce has thickened.
- Once done, garnish with green onion and it is now ready to be served!
And there you have it folks! Recipe for homemade tofu puffs. You can also discover more varieties of food on foodpanda. With just a few clicks, you can order your food and it will be delivered to you right at your doorstep.
Don’t forget to subscribe to foodpanda Magazine so you won’t miss out on daily updates about food!