When we run out of side dishes, the best we do with the leftover rice is some simple fried rice. Now, you can add some spice and make your taste buds happier with some seafood and tom yam paste added to your fried rice. You’ll have yourself a plate of Tom Yam Seafood Fried Rice and we have prepared a recipe just for that!
Not to forget the fried egg topped on top. Making this dish will not take you any longer than 20 minutes. So, if you are coming home after a long day from work, this dish could be a go-to for you.
Here is what you need to do.
- 3 slices galangal, chopped
- 3 inches lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Thai chilli paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Thai chillies
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Fried rice
- 2 eggs
- 10 medium shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 2 squids, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 stalks Chinese broccoli, stems thinly sliced
- 300g cooked rice
- 1 tomato, bite-sized pieces
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Few sprigs chopped cilantro
- In a mortar and pestle, pound together lemongrass, galangal, kaffir, lime leaves and Thai chillies until fine.
- Stir all remaining sauce ingredients. Alternatively, add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
ii. Thai-style fried egg
- Add about 1cm vegetable oil into a wok or a small frying pan. Heat the oil over medium-high heat until very hot. Crack the eggs into the oil, then lower the heat to medium.
- Fry the egg for about 1 minute 30 seconds or until the edges, turn brown. Then, gently nudge it off with a thin spatula and leave aside.
iii. Fried rice
- In a wok or a large saute pan, add just enough vegetable oil and heat over medium-high until hot.
- Add the shrimp and squids and sear until browned on both sides. Then, remove them from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add a little more oil if required, then add onions and saute until translucent. Then, add the Chinese broccoli and toss briefly until the leaves turn bright green.
- Add the rice and toss until most lumps are broken up. Pour the sauce over rice and toss until all grains are coated evenly in the sauce, and the rice is dry.
- Add the tomato and cooked shrimps and squids, toss briefly just to heat them up. Remove from the heat and stir in green onions.
- Lastly, plate the fried rice, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and top it off with the fried egg.
And there you have it folks – a recipe for a delicious plate of Tom Yam Seafood Fried Rice! However, if you don’t want to go through the hassle of cooking, you can also order through foodpanda. With just a few clicks, and they will deliver your food right at your doorstep!
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to foodpanda Magazine for daily updates on food!