Recipe: Traditional Thai Omelette (Kai Jiew)
There are many kinds of omelettes in the world, but Thailand has one of the best. It is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. It elevates your dining experience almost immediately. The taste in your mouth just begs you to want more. You can take Thai omelette with rice or even other dishes without any sense of guilt.
Typically, traditional Thai omelette is served with additional ingredients such as onion and chilli. It really depends on your preferences. There is a good news for you which is you do not have to go to Thailand to eat this magnificent dish. You can have it in your home too. Simply spend a few minutes in the kitchen, and you are ready to dig in.
Eating egg is good for your health because egg is incredibly nutritious. It contains nutrients such as protein and vitamins. Protein technically gives you the energy to do your daily activities. You can also prevent yourself from heart diseases if you eat eggs.
Besides that, eating eggs can make you full even faster. Therefore, you will eat less and lose weight. Egg is a good diet. Follow the recipe below so you can try making this simple dish and yet delicious at home:
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 2 eggs
- 2 onions
- 2 red chillies
- 1 tbsp. of cooking oil
- 1 tsp. of fish sauce
- salt and sugar
- Slice the onions and chillies.
- Combine eggs and fish sauce in a bowl. Mix it well.
- Add the onions and chillies into the mixture and keep stirring.
- Season the whole mixture with salt and sugar.
- Pour the oil into a pan and heat it.
- When it is hot, slowly and carefully pour the mixture into the pan.
- As the upper part turns golden brown and crispy, flip the omelette.
- Let it cook for a few minutes.
- Take it out from the pan.
- Serve on a plate.
Article Written By Mico Hu
Mico is a professional creative writer in Foodpanda. She writes about travel, fashion, and food. Also, she enjoy travelling to new places and also eating delicious food.