In Vietnamese, pork refers to ‘Thit Nuong’, which translates to grilled pork. Vietnamese sandwiches are a popular delicacy and can be found in most restaurants or street stalls in the country. There are a variety of meat choices that go well with this sandwich, but one of the best meat combinations to go with pickled vegetables is pork! So, a grilled pork sandwich would be called Banh Mi Thit Nuong.
The juiciness of the pork gives a burst of flavour and balances the tanginess from the pickled vegetables. Drizzle some sriracha sauce for that hint of spiciness, and you’ll have a meal you’ll never forget! So why not try making your own Vietnamese Baguette with grilled pork patties with our recipe below.
- 500g pork tenderloin (sliced)
- ¼ cup of fish sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 green onions (white part only)
- Vegetable oil
- 2 French baguettes
- Sriracha sauce
- 1 jalapeno (sliced)
- Pickled carrots and daikon
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Ground black pepper
- Prepare the marinade by blending the fish sauce, honey, sugar, green onions, garlic cloves and pepper in a blender or food processor. Then, transfer the marinade to a large bowl and mix in the pork.
- Cover and refrigerate the marinade for at least 2 hours (the longer, the better).
- Then, thread each pork slice with a skewer. Arrange the pork onto the grill over high heat and brush the pork with oil. Grill both sides until the pork cooks through.
- Remove the pork from the grill. Slice the French Baguette into 8-inch lengthwise.
- Spread the sriracha sauce and mayonnaise on the Baguette. Add the 2 – 3 pork slices on each roll and close the Baguette to pull out the skewers. Then top the meat with pickled carrots and daikon, jalapeno, fresh cilantro leaves and black pepper. Enjoy!
Vietnamese Baguette with Grilled Pork Patties Recipe
If you enjoy this Vietnamese Baguette, why not try making some other Vietnamese pork dishes like the braised pork belly and the Vietnamese pork sausage – Doi? Bring on a Vietnamese feast!
You can also discover more food options and order using the foodpanda app! Just a few clicks and food will be right at your doorstep.