Get yourself and your family some cooling drink to quench your thirst on a hot weekend. The recipe for Water Chestnut & Sugar Cane Drink has several health benefits, especially reducing the heat in the body. The mixture of water chestnut and sugar cane also has a very delicious taste while soothing your throat. It will take you nothing more than 30 minutes to cook this beverage.
- 15-20 pieces of water chestnuts with skin intact
- 2-3 sticks of arm-length sugar cane, thin rods
- 100 g of rock sugar
- 1500ml water in a pot
- First, trim off both ends of water chestnuts. Scrub the skin with a brush to remove stubborn mud. Then, wash them thoroughly and soak in water for an hour or more. Later, drain out the water and set aside the water chestnuts.
- Using a peeler, scrub the thick skin of the sugar cane. Then, wash them thoroughly and set aside.
- Next, using a pot boil water over high heat. Then, add sugar canes and water chestnuts into the boiling water.
- After some time, reduce the heat to low fire to simmer for 20 minutes. Then, add the rock sugar and let it slowly dissolve. Let the water simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Lastly, turn off the heat and serve hot or chilled.
There you have it – a quick and easy recipe for water chestnut & Sugar Cane Drink. To accompany this drink, you could make some snacks to crunch on.
You can also check out more drinks recipes, such as Avocado Smoothie and Cappuccino. If you are looking for local food to be delivered right at your doorstep, don’t hesitate to order via foodpanda and your order will arrive in no time!