Yakimono Salmon Enoki Roll is a Japanese appetiser that is quick and easy. This dish gives a rich and chewy texture with every bite. Yakimono means grilled or pan-fried. You can have this dish as a tasty appetiser, finger food, or even as a side to steamed rice. So, this Recipe: Yakimono Salmon Enoki Roll is quick and easy, and it will take you nothing more than 30 minutes to prepare and serve. It uses simple ingredients which you can get in any local supermarket.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 680g fresh salmon fillet
- 1 packet Enoki mushrooms
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cooking oil
- To prepare the salmon, rinse the salmon fillet in running water for about 5 minutes. Then, drain on a paper towel and remove the scales and pin bones. Briefly rinse the salmon fillet in running water and pat it dry again.
- Thinly slice the salmon fillet into 4 pieces, depending on the servings.
- In a bowl, add in mirin, hoisin sauce, fish sauce, salt and mix well.
- Gently add the salmon slices into the bowl and let it marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim and discard the enoki roots and soak the rest in water to wash and loosen the mushrooms.
- Once the salmon is marinated, divide the mushrooms into 4 parts. Place each division onto the salmon slices and make a roll. Secure the roll with a toothpick.
- Heat some cooking oil over medium heat and gently place the salmon rolls onto the pan.
- Keep an eye on the frying pan and gently turn after every minute until the salmon is light brown.
- Lastly, transfer them onto a plate and serve with wasabi or with some mint leaves. Enjoy!
To accompany this Recipe: Yakimono Salmon Enoki Roll, you can check out our recipe for Gyuniku Roll (Beef Rolls). Create a meal via foodpanda magazine!
Discover more food options and order some snacks or drinks using foodpanda! Just a few clicks and food will be right at your doorstep.