Recipe: Yogurt Salad
Yoghurt is the cuisine of ancient Greek. It contains 81% of water, 9% protein, 5% fats, 4% carbohydrates and 4% sugar. That’s enough reason to make yoghurt as a choice of a healthy diet. The majority choose to dress green salads with yoghurt.
The combination of garlic, salt and lemon can change the taste of plain yoghurt to a simple yummy salad dressing. You might as well eat a salad every day after trying this wonderful recipe. The healthy yoghurt salads are creamy, flavourful and even better than the salad dressing from the grocery store. Here is a recipe for making a yoghurt salad:
- ½ cup of whole milk yoghurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper (optional)
- Herbs (optional)
- Ground cumin (optional)
- Romaine lettuce
- Baby tomatoes
- Mix in the yoghurt and lemon juice in a large bowl. Whisk the mixture until completely smooth.
- Minced garlic and sprinkle a bit of salt on garlic. Add into yoghurt mixture and whisk to get a smooth taste.
- Add salt and pepper desirably.
- Add chopped herbs (dill, mint or parsley on your choice)
- If you like it a bit spicy, you can add spices like ground cumin to get a strong taste.
- Store the dressing and chilled few days to get the best result.
- Top your green salads, romaine lettuce and baby tomatoes with the healthy yoghurt dressing.
Now, a healthy and perfect dish is ready to be enjoyed. With this easy step, you can cook yourself a yoghurt salad. Visit foodpanda to know more about various recipes.
Article Written By Mico Hu
Mico is a professional creative writer in Foodpanda. She writes about travel, fashion, and food. Also, she enjoy travelling to new places and also eating delicious food.