Waking up to a beautiful breakfast will always be a good start for the day. What more if it is served on the bed just when you’re up, ready to face the day! It is very romantic to watch your significant other make efforts to prepare breakfast early in the morning. If you are planning onto preparing one for your love, we are here to suggest you 8 romantic breakfast in bed recipes.
1. PROSCIUTTO BAKED EGG CUPS
Most are always down for breakfast that has to do with eggs. A little touch of the flavourful Italian taste would bring more excitement to the day. Prosciutto is an Italian Ham that is usually cut thin. Prosciutto baked egg cups may look like the simplest meal, but you’ll be mind-blown by how this little effort of making your own romantic breakfast will get your significant other be head over heels for you.
- sliced chives
- Proscuitto bacon or any bacon of choice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a non-stick muffin tin with cooking spray
- Gently crack one egg in each muffin tin and season them with salt and pepper on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes for a runny yolk. Then, bake for 13-15 minutes for a yolk that is more set.
- Top the Italian Baked Ham Egg Cups with sliced chives for a little onion taste.
Just if you both can’t finish in one day, you can store them in an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator. These Egg Cups will last 5 to 7 days in there.
2. SPARKLING POMEGRANATE MIMOSAS
Breakfast with a fun cocktail is fancy but surprisingly so simple to be prepared. The love of your life will be amazed by the creative idea you put into the little things in life. This drink requires no shaking, no muddling, no stirring. Just pour everything into a flute, and you are good to go! We wish you the best of luck.
- ½ cup of pomegranate rosemary
- 6-8 sprigs of rosemary
- pomegranate juice
- 1 bottle of champagne
- Add 1 tablespoon of pomegranate seeds, a rosemary sprig and 1 ½ ounce of pomegranate juice to each glass
- Top with champagne
- Ready to serve
3. COCONUT WITH DARK CHOCOLATE CHIA PUDDING
To surprise your beau with a romantic breakfast, we suggest you to secretly prepare this sweet treat a night before so you both can enjoy it the next morning. No hassle for you too as we understand that not everyone likes making breakfast early in the morning. This treat is the best if you hate getting up early to prepare breakfast but still want to be romantic to your beloved. Wish him or her a sweet good morning with something to fill up their tummy.
- 4, 5.3 ounces of SILK Almondmilk Yogurt Alternative Dark Chocolate Coconut Flavour
- 2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons dutch processed cocoa powder
- ½ cup chia seeds
- optional toppings: strawberry, raspberries or toasted coconut
- Add SILK Almondmilk Yogurt Alternative Dark Chocolate Coconut, Almond milk, cocoa powder and chia seeds to a medium bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator overnight
- Portion the pudding into four small bowls and serve
- Optional: top the pudding with fresh fruit or toasted coconut
4. LIGHT & EASY RICOTTA TOAST
Love is truer when the romantic breakfast served is healthy and tummy-filling! Once in a while, we all need meals that functions as a detox in our body. Speaking of which, this ricotta toast could be your go-to if your loved one prefers eating healthy. Such an elegant appetizer is topped with bursting pomegranate, candied pecans and drizzled with honey and fresh thyme that has a fantastic combination of sweet and salty.
- 1 slice of toasted whole-grain bread
- 2 tablespoons of ricotta
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate arils
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon of crushed candied pecans
- drizzle of honey
- Smear ricotta from end to end of the whole grain toast
- Top the toast with pomegranate arils, fresh thyme, crushed candied pecans and drizzle the honey according to your liking
- Serve the Pomegranate Honey Ricotta Toast
5. SWEET POTATO HASH AND EGGS
If you are someone looking out to prepare a luxurious, hitting all dietary notes and stomach-filling breakfast for your partner, this 30 minutes Paleo Sweet Potato Hash and Eggs with bacon and avocado would be the best for you and your partner to devour!
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 strips of diced bacon
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dry rosemary
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dry thyme
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 sliced avocados
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet at medium-high heat
- Add bacon to the pan and cook for about 3-5 minutes until the bacon is crispy
- Remove the bacon from the pan using a slotted spoon or fork and set it aside
- Add diced sweet potatoes to the pan with the bacon grease in it. Toss to coat the sweet potatoes with the bacon grease, so they don’t stick to the pan.
- Season the potatoes with smoked paprika, rosemary, thyme, salt and minced garlic. Toss to mix everything together.
- Saute the sweet potatoes until slightly browned, occasionally stirring for about 10-12 minutes
- Heat another skillet at medium-high temperature
- Spray the skillet with cooking spray or add 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil
- Add eggs to the pan and cook to your desired temperature
- Serve the eggs on top of the 1 cup of the sweet potato hash and lace the sliced avocado on the side.
6. CHEESY BACON SPINACH FRITTATA
Making up to your love can also be done with a romantic breakfast in bed. We are so sure that your partner will fall in love with you again! You can prepare the cheesy bacon spinach frittata in just 30 minutes. Such a lovely dish packed with goat cheese and roasted red peppers and bacon. Frittata is known as the Breakfast Pizza, which looks tempting and has all the capability to sooth the heart of your partner is he or she is upset with you.
- 4 strips of diced bacon
- 3 cups of diced fresh spinach
- ½ cup of julienned roasted red pepper
4. 4 ounces of goat cheese
- 1/3 cup of halved cherry tomatoes
- 10 eggs
- ½ cup of 2% milk
- salt and pepper
- garnish with fresh diced chives
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees
- Whisk together the eggs and milk in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside
- Heat a medium-sized oven at medium temperature
- Add bacon to the pan and cook until slightly crispy for about 3-4 minutes
- Pour out the bacon grease leaving a tablespoon in the pan. Place the pan back on the burner and add spinach
- Stir for about 2 minutes until slightly wilt
- Add in roasted red peppers and egg mixture and stir to mix everything together. Top eggs with tomatoes and goat cheese
- Transfer the pan to oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the frittata has set (eggs don’t wiggle when you shake the pan)
- Garnish with chives and ready to serve.
7. DOUBLE CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD
The richer the taste of breakfast, the more fantastic the day would be. Double chocolate zucchini bread will be a lovely breakfast choice for you to do for your lover. Accompanying it along with a good cup of coffee would be perfect! This bread is decadent, slightly sweet, moist and very delicious. We guarantee it will be a hit.
- 1 ½ cups of white whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons brown cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup grated zucchini (1/2 zucchinis), lightly squeeze the liquid from the zucchini
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees
- Prepare an 8×4 loaf pan and grease the bottom and sides with coconut oil, butter or cooking spray
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk everything together
- Add maple syrup, unsweetened applesauce, coconut oil, egg and vanilla extract in a large bowl and whisk them together until smooth.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until everything is combined
- Add the batter to the prepared loaf pan
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Ready to serve with a cup of coffee.
8. STRAWBERRY NUTELLA CREPES
Add some French crepes into your significant other’s breakfast and be surprised of their epically romantic mood unleashing! The colours and texture of a strawberry Nutella crepe are attractive and gets you mouth-watering. Its thin, delicate, buttery crepe filled with Nutella and topped with strawberries can never be beaten. Preparing one for your partner will surely make his or her day.
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4-6 tablespoons of butter
- ½ cup Nutella
- 2 eggs
- Mix the melted butter, eggs, water, milk, flour and sugar in a blender.
- Blend and pulse for about a minute and make sure it is thoroughly mixed.
- Cover the blender and allow the mixture to settle for at least 10 minutes and up to a few hours in the refrigerator
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium-high temperature and coat it with butter. Make sure the heat is not too high to prevent the butter from burning
- Pour about a 1/8 cup of the batter onto the pan and swirl it to spread the mixture. It should be a thin layer cooked for about 30 seconds
- Use a flat wooden or silicone spatula to flip the crepes. Let it cook for another 10 seconds or so till a beautiful light yellow with brown spots appears.
- Spread Nutella over the crepe and fold into fourths. Serve with strawberries and top it with some sifted powdered sugar.
Romantic Breakfast in Bed Recipes
We hope you find the list of recipes useful for a romantic breakfast! If you want to save the hassle of preparing your own breakfast, check out some of the popular breakfast spots that you can go here.
Also, if you happen to be lazy or in a rush but want to get you and your partner good breakfast, check out at foodpanda and get your breakfast delivered right at our doorstep.