Halloween is a fun and spooky holiday that is celebrated all over the world on the 31st of October. It is a time for dressing up in costumes, going trick-or-treating, and enjoying delicious food. If you are looking for some Halloween recipes that are both delicious and festive, look no further!
In this blog post, we will share three must-try Halloween recipes that are perfect for your celebration. Two of the recipes feature local and seasonal ingredients, while the third recipe is a staple classic Halloween dish that is popular all over the world.
Recipe 1: Pumpkin curry
Pumpkin curry is a delicious and festive dish that is perfect for Halloween. It is also a great way to use up seasonal pumpkins.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup pumpkin, diced
- 1/2 cup potatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin, and coriander and cook for 1 minute more.
- Stir in the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, potatoes, carrots, and green beans to the pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the curry to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and serve hot.
Recipe 2: Durian ghosts
Durian ghosts are a fun and festive Halloween snack that is sure to be a hit with durian lovers. They are also a great way to use up leftover durian.
- 1 white durian
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Mini chocolate chips for eyes
- Cut the durian in half and remove the seeds.
- Use a knife or spoon to carve the durian flesh into ghost shapes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Dip the durian ghosts in the melted chocolate and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the durian ghosts with white chocolate chips and mini chocolate chips for the eyes.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened.
Recipe 3: Pumpkin pie
Pumpkin pie is a staple classic Halloween dessert that is popular all over the world. It is also a great way to use up seasonal pumpkins.
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, sugar, heavy cream, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the pie is set.
- Let the pie cool completely before serving.
Tips for making the most of your Halloween recipes
- Use local and seasonal ingredients whenever possible. This will help to ensure that your recipes are fresh and flavorful.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different flavours and ingredients. There are no rules when it comes to Halloween cooking!
- Have fun and be creative! Halloween is a great time to let your imagination run wild.
We hope you enjoy these three must-try Halloween recipes! They are all delicious and festive, and they are sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
On your Halloween prep spree? Then consider checking these posts: