Top 10 Most Instagrammable Cafés in KL
Image Credit: SUMMERKID_SUMMERGIRL
These days, it’s all about taking beautiful photos and posting them online for your Instagram feed. If you’re looking for cool ‘Instagrammable’ hideouts, we have listed down some cafés that would be the perfect backdrop for your photo sessions. Some may be far away from the hustle and bustle of KL, while some might be right in the city centre!
With unique interiors and great ambience, find your next hang out spot with our top 10 most Instagrammable cafés in KL!
1. Crème De La Crème – CDLC @ Damansara Uptown
Do you scream for ice cream? Because I do!
The neon lights at the exterior and interior of Crème De La Crème makes for a perfect backdrop for an Instastory or Instagram post. Not only is the décor on point, but the artisanal desserts also look too good to eat as well.
With 18 ice cream flavours, you’ll definitely want to try their twist on local favourites such as Musang King, Teh Tarik, Limau Assam Sorbet and many more.
Other than ice cream, their Petits Gateaux (Ice cream cakes) are handcrafted and full of complex flavours. You’ll be attracted to its adorable shapes and sizes.
They’re reasonably priced, considering that the pastry chefs were trained by the world-renowned dessert master, Christy Tania, a Melbourne-based pastry chef. She has been popularised by her regular appearance on the cooking show, Master Chef Australia.
- Address: 35G, Ground Floor, Jalan SS 21/60, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya
- Opening hours: 12pm – 11pm, Sun – Thurs, 12pm – 12am, Fri & Sat
2. Tapestry @ Chow Kit, KL [Pork-free]
Known as one of the hottest cafés in KL, how could we not include Tapestry on this list?
Away from the busy city, this café is located opposite Stripes Hotel. At first glance, the exposed brick and large windows make for an inviting welcome.
There’s plenty of brunch options, with a mix of Eastern and Western dishes. Besides caffeinated drinks, Tapestry offers a wide assortment of booze.
With various cocktails, namely, Bloody Mary and Mimosa, you can come here for that gentle buzz during weekends. There’s plenty of food options for everyone such as smoothie bowls, French toast, Rise and Shine Eggs Benedict and cakes. Visit this vibrant and rustic café for a relaxing weekend and amazing pictures!
- Address: 28, Jalan Kamunting, Chow Kit, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Opening Hours: 8 am to 4 pm (weekdays), and 8 am to 5:30 pm (weekends)
3. 2D Bubble Tea @ Sunway Geo Avenue [Halal]
Ever imagined if our world was in 2D? Well, imagine no more.
Step into the world of 2D in this café, as everything is meticulously hand-painted to give you that 2D effect. Not only that, even the bottles they serve their bubble tea in are hand-painted as well.
Hop into the comic book world and enjoy their bubble tea, bento boxes and sandwiches to boot!
- Address: F-03-10, Sunway Geo Avenue, Jalan Lagoon Selatan, Subang Jaya
- Opening hours: 11 am – 10 pm (closes on Wed)
4. Therefore @ Menara Symphony, PJ [Pork-free]
This café is the 3rd F&B by the FourbyFORE group, with the earlier outlets being Forbidden and Formula Café (both located in Ara Damansara).
With plush seating and grapefruit coloured interiors, you’ll be amazed by the chic atmosphere. Therefore’s menu has both Western and fusion cuisine that has an elevated taste and appearance. Their pasta and Japanese-inspired dishes are not-to-be-missed!
- Address: Lot 02-G, Menara Symphony, Jalan Professor Khoo Khay Khim, Seksyen 13, Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
- Opening hours: Mon-Thurs, 9am-6pm; Fri-Sat, 9am-10pm; Sun, 9am-6pm
5. Urban Daybreak @ Bangsar
This quaint café has a calm and classic vibe to it.
The café serves a range of all-day brunch menu items that taste as good as they look. Breakfast and brunch food items here are hearty and filling. Indulge in their stout pulled pork with a poached egg on top, and enjoy a variety of tastes and textures. The avocado smash is also an excellent choice for those wanting healthier options without compromising on taste.
Be sure to try out their Australian-style meals and take plenty of good photos!
- Address: 11, Jalan Telawi 5, Bangsar, 59100 Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: 03-2303 0172
- Opening Hours: Wednesday-Monday, 8 am-9.30 pm
6. Botanica + Co @ Bangsar South [Pork-free]
Experience a dining experience in the middle of a garden at Botanica + Co. You’ll be surprised by the atmosphere because the café is actually amid the bustling office towers of Bangsar South.
Enjoy the sophisticated and elegant ambience as you indulge in their gourmet offerings of food, drinks and cocktails. It’s the perfect spot for catching up with your friends while enjoying great food and taking even better pictures.
- Address: 8, Jalan Kerinchi, Bangsar South, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur.
- Operating Hours: (Mon-Thurs) 11:30 am – 10 pm (Fri) 11:30 am – 12am(Sat) 9:30 am – 12 am (Sun) 9:30 am – 10 pm
7. Mich’sology @ various locations [Pork-free]
Mich’sology aims to bring you healthy and wholesome food. Try out their various servings of granola bowls and fuel bowls. Their fuel bowls are customisable poke bowls that comprise of healthy ingredients and are filling too.
Besides their bowls, you can even order some side dishes and flatbreads. Bringing you healthy eats, their beverages include fruit juices, smoothies, coffee and tea. Visit this aesthetically pleasing and fun healthy café at these locations below.
- Mich’sology @ Eco Ardence: LAB 13-A, Ardence Labs, Persiaran Setia Alam, Eco Ardence, 40170 Shah Alam, Selangor
- Mich’sology @ Uptown Damansara: No. 16, Jalan SS 21/35, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Mich’sology @ Sri Hartamas: 7, Jalan 26/70a, Desa Sri Hartamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Opening hours: 10am – 10pm
8. Bukku Café @ Klang [Pork & Lard-free]
Bukku Café’s exterior is minimalistic and clean, and that is reflected in its interior as well.
This café has a Japanese-inspired concept, and you’ll definitely feel calm and enjoy the peace here. Complete with wooden furnishing, it brings out a Muji ambience that is familiar to many.
This café is perfect for an intimate date or a place to read a book.
- Address: Jalan Singgahsana 4A/KU5, Bandar Bukit Raja, 41050 Klang, Selangor.
- Operating Hours: 8:30 am – 11:30 pm (Daily)
9. Wondermilk @ various locations [Halal]
The store initially only sold cupcakes, but now has four outlets across Kuala Lumpur. The café focuses on sweet treats and cupcakes with a dreamy atmosphere. You can even get catering for your events from Wondermilk with their amazing pastries!
Check out the location of all their outlets here.
10. Jao Tim @ Jalan Sultan, KL [Pork-free]
This café was a shop lot that has been renovated to a classy ‘hotel-like’ décor. The name ‘Jao Tim’ translates to ‘hotel’ in Cantonese which suits the image of the place.
The interior has brick walls, high ceilings, spacious halls and wooden finishing. There’s plenty of beverages to accompany your sandwiches and rice bowls. Moreover, there’s even craft beer!
- Address: 61, Jalan Sultan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Operating Hours: (Tues-Thurs & Sun) 11 am – 7 pm, (Fri & Sat) 11 am – 9 pm
Didn’t find any cafés that caught your attention? Check out our list of themed cafés instead!
All this talk about cafés, food and drinks, making you hungry? Order food using foodpanda now and get it delivered to your doorstep in no time!
Article Written By Marcovy
Marcovy is a passionate writer who thinks life is about living to eat and enjoying it to the fullest. He wanted to explore the restaurants around Malaysia and the idea of documenting those food experiences was what inspired him to start writing food blog.