This all-vegetables spicy dish is one of the favourites among Malaysians, especially those who love spicy food! It is named “四大天王” in Chinese, which literally translates to “4 Kings”, referring to the four types of vegetables – brinjal, lady fingers, long beans and 4 angles beans, used to prepare this dish.
This dish is not only healthy by providing you the nutrients you need, but the spiciness also give you an extra kick! You can enjoy this dish at home by preparing your own with the 4 Spicy Mixed Vegetables Recipe below.
- 1 brinjal (cut into pieces)
- 10 lady fingers (cut into slices)
- 100g long beans (cut into sections)
- 150g 4 angles beans
- 6 red chillies
- 3 pips garlic
- 50g shallots
- 1 tbsp belacan
- 1 tbsp dried shrimps (soaked and drained)
- 100ml water
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- ½ tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 fresh red chilli (cut into rings)
- Deep fry all ingredients in (A) separately.
- Blend all ingredients in (B).
- Heat oil in wok, turn to medium heat and saute ingredient (B) until oil seeps out. Add in seasoning and mix well.
- Add in all the vegetables and the red chilli, keep frying and ix well. Dish up and serve.
There you have it, recipe for home cooked 4 Spicy Mixed Vegetables for you and your loved ones! However, if it’s too much of a hassle preparing your own dish, you can always order well-prepped meals from foodpanda, and have them delivered right to your doorstep. Dine with foodpanda today!