One of the main dishes of Native Hawaiian Cuisine, Poke is actually diced raw fish serve as appetizer or main course. Poke bowls can be made with any fish suitable for eating raw in sashimi form.
Tuna is the classic for Poke Bowls, and salmon is also very popular. A bowl of rice topped with raw fish and different kind of vegetables, it sure makes up a healthy and delicious meal.
Today, we will be teaching you how to prepare the Maguro Poke Bowl, which is Tuna fish poke bowl and all you need to do is just follow the recipe below!
- 1 1/2 cups sushi rice
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 3 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 pound sushi-grade tuna (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 English cucumber (peeled and finely chopped)
- Toasted sesame seeds as topping
- Wash the rice until the water runs clear. Bring 2 cups water, the rice and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. After it’s cooked, let sit, covered for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, sugar and 1 tsp salt in a small bowl and microwave until sugar is dissolved, and stir.
- Transfer rice to a large bowl. Then, add vinegar mixture and stir until the rice is fluffy but still sticky, 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Bring a small saucepan of salted water to a boil. Next, add in edamame and cook until tender and bright green, for around 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under water until cool.
- Combine scallions, lime juice, orange juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Once done, add the tuna and edamame and stir to coat, season with salt.
- Divide the rice among bowls and top with the tuna mixture and cucumber. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
There you go! A recipe for Maguro Poke Bowl. If you love Japanese cuisines, try making your own Salmon Hana Maki and California Temaki to go along with your poke bowl!
However, if preparing your own dishes is too much of a hassle for you, you can always order via foodpanda and have well-prepped Japanese dished delivered right to you. Dine with foodpanda today!