Not many legends are left who still love and crave petai. If you are one, we have something special for you! You have tried Petai, you have tried fried rice, but have you tried the petai fried rice? It honestly gives you a kick in your taste buds, and you will keep wanting this fusion.
To add, this recipe of Petai Fried Rice is so easy to follow with simple steps. Anyone can do it at home! To be more creative, you can top the fried rice with a fried egg, anchovies or anything you feel like.
Here’s what you need:
- 3 bowls of cooked rice. Best left overnight
- 12 petai seeds, split and diced
- 1 tablespoon of dried prawns, soaked and chopped
- 50g anchovies, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat a pan and add some oil into it. Fry washed anchovies until crispy and set aside.
- On a separate wok, heat oil and sesame oil and fry the garlic and dried prawns until fragrant.
- Then, push them to one side of the wok, and add eggs and scramble them until they are just cooked.
- Next, add rice and toss briefly. Stir in the seasoning and fry well. Add petai to mix.
- Lastly, sprinkle in the fried anchovies before serving. Enjoy!
We have given you a super easy recipe to follow, petai lovers! You can now follow this recipe of petai fried rice and make it at the comfort of your home. If you’re looking for other fried rice recipes, head on over to the foodpanda magazine.
Also, get your favourite food delivered right at your doorstep using foodpanda app. Just download the app and order!