If you are a vegetarian or someone who is health-conscious, you will enjoy a roasted vegetable sandwich. It is a perfect meal for those who want a something simple and filling. In this article, we’ve prepared a recipe of roasted vegetable sandwich. Feel free to add in or substitute any vegetables of your choice. Without further ado, let’s start making a sandwich!
Recipe of Roasted Vegetable Sandwich:
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup of non-fat sour cream/plain yoghurt
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons of reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 16-inch-long French baguette, split lengthwise and cut into 4 parts
- 1 bunch of watercress, washed, large stems removed (about 2 cups)
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare a large roasting pan. Toss in the zucchini, eggplant, bell paper, and yellow squash along with oil and garlic. Put in some salt and pepper for seasoning. Roast the vegetables by stirring them continuously for 30-35 minutes until they turn tender and brownish. Allow it to cool.
- While it is cooling, prepare a small bowl. Put in sour cream (or yoghurt), mayonnaise, lemon juice, and basil into the bowl and whisk evenly. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Then, leave it in the refrigerator for a while.
- Take out the mayonnaise mixture from the refrigerator. Spread it on the breads and arrange the watercress on the bottom layer. Finally, sandwich the vegetable mixture between the breads.
Voila! There you have it, the recipe for a delicious roasted vegetable sandwich. You can also discover more food choices on the foodpanda app and have your meals delivered to you!
Looking for more recipes? Check out the recipe of Thai Salad Platter!