Chicken wings have never failed us. No matter how you choose to serve it, given a bowl, more times than not, you’ll end up with a bowl of bones and a full tummy. Take the example, the fragrant soy garlic chicken wing craze that makes people crave for a bite of a juicy, savoury piece of chicken wing. This Korean tradition will only make you love Korean food all the more.
Now, you can prepare your own with this Soy Garlic Chicken Wing recipe below!
- 1/2 kilo chicken wings
- salt and pepper, to season
- 2 cups corn starch
- 1/4 small onion, shredded
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and shredded
- White sesame seeds, for garnish
- First, the chicken wings must be flash-fried. In a bowl mix salt, pepper and corn starch and dredge chicken wings in the flour mix.
- On high heat, deep fry the wings for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place on a paper towel to drain excess oil and allow to dry.
- For the glaze, in a saucepan on medium-low heat, combine onion, garlic, soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, garlic powder and ginger. Stir until sugar is fully dissolved.
- While the glaze is cooking, in a small bowl add in 1 tablespoon of corn starch and one tablespoon of the glaze. Mix until no flour clumps can be seen. Add the flour mix into the saucepan and stir until glaze thickens.
- Turn off the heat. Toss cooked chicken wings in the glaze. Make sure to coat each wing generously.
- Garnish with sesame seeds before serving. Best eaten while hot.
Soy Garlic Chicken Wing Recipe
Now you can enjoy your home-cooked soy garlic chicken wings and share them with your loved ones! In most Korean cooking, you’ll notice flash-frying or double frying to be a go-to method. This is done to intensify crispiness, an effort you’ll implement in your daily cooking because the results are always excellent.
On the other hand, if you’re too lazy to get your hands dirty, making these wings, head on over to the foodpanda app and have a bowl of your favourite wings delivered to you.