Recipe Sweet and Sour Tilapia
Sweet and sour fish is a staple of Chinese cuisine, and you’d be lying if you said you’ve never tried it before. The contrasting tastes between the sweetness and sourness of the sauce create an explosion of flavours you can only get from this dish! And undoubtedly, the Tilapia fish is the best choice when it comes to making this classic Chinese side dish. However, you can always use any fish you prefer. This Recipe Sweet and Sour Tilapia is easy to follow.
Although it might look intimidating to cook, the sweet and sour Tilapia is actually extremely easy to make. The sauce is made separate from the fish, so all you’ll have to do is pour it on top of your Tilapia fish to complete the dish.
- 1 whole Tilapia
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup bell pepper (red and green)
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 thumbs ginger cut into strips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 small carrot cut into strips
- First, heat the oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot enough, toss in the Tilapia fish.
- Then, cook each side until it’s brown and crispy before flipping it over. Make sure both sides are cooked evenly before taking the fish off heat. Set the fish aside.
- Next, in a separate pan, stir-fry the garlic, onion, carrots, ginger, and bell peppers. Pour in two cups of water. Leave it to simmer for about five minutes.
- Meanwhile, dilute the cornstarch with ½ a cup of water before pouring it into the pan. This is to thicken the sauce to create a gravy-like texture.
- Lastly, turn off the heat and pour your sweet and sour sauce on top of the Tilapia fish. Serve warm with a bowl of steamed rice and other side dishes. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this Recipe Sweet and Sour Tilapia, check out our recipes for various other fish side dishes! We have recipes on how to make Chinese Steamed Whole Fish, Vietnamese Braised Fish, and Thai Steamed Fish with Lemon and Chilli Sauce, among many others. You might also enjoy our recipe on Sweet and Sour Pork if you’re a fan of the sweet and sour sauce!
Or, if you’re too lazy to cook, you can always just order from foodpanda app, too. The foodpanda app offers a large variety of Chinese restaurants for you to order from. Plus, they deliver your meals straight to your doorstep!
So, what’re you waiting for? Order from foodpanda today!
Article Written By Mico Hu
Mico is a professional creative writer in Foodpanda. She writes about travel, fashion, and food. Also, she enjoy travelling to new places and also eating delicious food.