Cure your spicy cravings with a bowl of Mee Tomyum. Thai food is known for its signature combination of sour and spicy, and Tomyum is a great representation of that. This tangy, spicy and sour soup, accompanied with egg noodles, will wake up your taste buds and leave you satisfied. That’s why we have this recipe mee tomyum for you to try making it today!
Although you can typically find tomyum noodles at any Thai restaurants, why not try making your own version of tomyum from the comfort of your own home. This quick and easy recipe below will take you a total cooking time of 20 minutes with ingredients you can find at your local supermarkets. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 packaged egg noodles
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 4 slices of galangal
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- ½ onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Tomyam paste
- 6 medium shrimps (peeled and deveined)
- ½ small tomato
- 1 lime wedge
- Cilantro leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare the egg noodles according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat some vegetable oil in a pot over medium-low heat. Sauté the lemongrass, onion and garlic for about 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add in the Tomyam paste and the 1 ¼ cups of water. Stir until the Tomyam paste dissolves. Cover the pot and bring it to a boil.
- Add in the shrimps, lime leaves, galangal and the tomatoes. Cover the pot again and boil the soup until the shrimps are cooked through.
- Stir the soup and add salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat and pour the Tomyam soup over the noodles in a serving bowl.
- Garnish with some cilantro leaves and a lime wedge. Enjoy!
Also, check out our recipes for Pad Thai and Thai Style Fried Glass Noodles if you love Thai cuisines as much as us!
Discover more food options and order some snacks or drinks using the foodpanda app! Just a few clicks and food will be right at your doorstep.