Condensed milk is one of those must-have pantry staples in every Asian household. The thick, gloopy and super sweet milk in a can brings back so many childhood memories- especially the breakfast mum used to make! In this recipe for Roti Susu Pekat we’ll be sharing our favourite way of making of using condensed milk.
You’ll immediately notice that the ingredients list for this recipe will be fairly short- so expect a smooth process ahead of you! We think this recipe for Roti Susu Pekat is even better when shared. So, if you’d like to make larger banging breakfast, be sure to double- or triple this recipe. Good luck!
- 2 slices of bread (any brand of your choice)
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp condensed milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- In a bowl, crack, and then beat the egg until fluffy.
- Add the cinnamon, salt and milk. Whisk until all ingredients are combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. In the meantime, dip one slice of bread at a time into the egg mix.
- Make sure all the sides of the bread are covered before cooking it on the pan.
- Close the lid of the pan. (Sprinkle a little water onto the inside part of the lid to ensure prime fluffiness when cooking your bread)
- Flip the bread after 2 minutes or until the bread is a beautiful golden brown.
- Cook the other side of the bread and serve!
Not in the mood to cook? Download the foodpanda app to have chef-made meals delivered to you!