Recipe Spicy Scallop Olio
Aglio Olio is probably the easiest and quickest type of pasta you can make! All you need are some garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and pasta and voila! You’ve got yourself a delicious meal in under 15 minutes. But when you think about it, the recipe can get kind of boring. So, why not spice things up a notch by adding in some spicy scallops to the recipe? The Recipe Scallop Olio goes like this.
Although there’s an extra step involved, the Recipe Spicy Scallop Olio is still as quick and easy as the original Aglio Olio recipe!
- 2 servings of pasta
- 10 large fresh scallops
- 3 tbsp fine olive oil
- 40g butter divided
- 8 cloves garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 chilli padi sliced (or substitute with 1/2 tsp chilli flakes)
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 30g Italian flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- In a pot, boil salted water and cook your pasta as per the instructions on its packaging, minus two minutes. Once done, drain and set aside your pasta. Make sure to save some of the pasta water.
- Heat a pan and melt half of your butter on it. Make sure to spread it evenly amongst the pan, either by using a spatula or by swirling the pan around.
- Arrange the scallops on the pan and season them with salt and pepper. Allow each side to cook and turn golden brown before flipping the scallops over with kitchen thongs.
- When the scallops are done cooking, take them off the pan and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil onto the pan covered in scallop juice and brown bits. Once heated, toss in the garlic and chilli. Cook until the garlic turns light brown before turning off the heat. Leave the garlic to continue cooking until it turns a beautiful golden-brown while the heat is off.
- Turn the heat back on and toss in your cooked pasta. Add 1-2tbsp of the pasta water, 1/3 of your parsley leaves and the remaining butter. Season the pasta with salt and pepper. Ensure that the butter has melted fully.
- Toss thoroughly, making sure the pasta is all evenly coated. Ensure that the butter has melted fully.
- Once done, take off heat and plate the pasta on a serving plate. Place the scallops on top with the remaining parsley leaves to garnish. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this Recipe Spicy Scallop Olio, check out our recipes various other pasta dishes! We have recipes on how to make Lamb Pasta, Bulgogi Fried Pasta, Lobster Bisque Pasta, Creamy Pasta and Chicken Aglio Olio, among many others.
Or, if you’re too lazy to cook, you can always just order from foodpanda app, too. The foodpanda app offers a large variety of Italian restaurants for you to order from. Plus, they deliver your meals straight to your doorstep!
So, what’re you waiting for? Order from foodpanda today!
Article Written By Mico Hu
Mico is a professional creative writer in Foodpanda. She writes about travel, fashion, and food. Also, she enjoy travelling to new places and also eating delicious food.