Vietnamese Seafood Fried Noodle is an aromatic and flavourful dish with crispy fried noodles coated with seafood sauce. It has a contrasting texture where the noodles are initially crunchy but gradually becomes soft and chewy as it soaks up the seafood sauce, making the dish flavourful with each bite.
The most common type of noodles used is egg noodles, also known as pan-fried noodles with a light yellow colour. The noodle is widely available in most local supermarkets in its fresh or dried version.
Besides seafood, you may also use chicken as a substitute. Try making this delicious recipe at home and serve with hot chilli oil on the side!
Ingredients (3 servings):
- 100g scallops
- 150g shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 150g squid (sliced)
- 400ml chicken stock
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 3 tbsp cornstarch (mix with 3 tbsp water)
- 100g choy sum/mustard leaves
- 250g egg noodles
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 1-inch ginger (sliced thinly)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 scallion ( cut the white part only into 1-inch pieces)
- 30g carrot (sliced)
- 30g mushrooms
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- Heat the chicken stock and add in sesame oil, salt, sugar, oyster sauce and white pepper. Then, turn off the heat and place it aside.
- Prepare the egg noodles by blanching them for 60 seconds in boiled water. If you happen to use fried noodles, follow the package instructions. After boiling the noodles, put them directly under cold water bath and drain with a colander.
- Heat 1 tbsp cooking oil in the nonstick frying pan. Divide the noodle into 3 portions and place one portion of the noodles in a thin and even layer. Fry it for 3 to 5 minutes or until crispy.
- Occasionally stir the noodles to loosen them. Make sure to cook both sides of the noodles. Then, transfer the noodles to the plate.
- Meanwhile, blanch the choy sum in a pot for 30 seconds. Then, remove and blanch the shrimps, scallops and squid for 30 seconds. Drain and place it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan. Stir fry the ginger for 10 seconds, and then add garlic, scallions, carrots and mushrooms. Stir fry until fragrant.
- Add in shrimp, scallops, and squid. Stir fry for 15 seconds, and add the rice wine.
- Add the sauce mixture from step 1and bring it to simmer. Add 2/3 of the cornstarch mixture while stirring the sauce. Make sure the sauce is thick enough to coat the spoon. You can add the rest of cornstarch mixture until your preferred consistency.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Check out our other recipes for noodles Ginger Duck Noodles and Thai Style Fried Glass Noodles.
Discover more food options and order some snacks or drinks using foodpanda! Just a few clicks and food will be right at your doorstep.