Image Credit: vickypham
One of the easiest yet tastiest homemade recipes to have on your table. The Vietnamese style deep-fried tilapia set is the perfect recipe to have at the back of your mind as a last-minute dish. The key lies in the marinade.
Vietnamese fried tilapia is best served with a bowl of hot rice. You can also make a fish dipping sauce to go with this beautiful dish! Without further ado, let’s jump into the recipe for this Viatnamese style deep-fried tilapia set!
- 1 tilapia fish
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped lemongrass
- ¼ cup of corn starch
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Clean the fish thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels. Then, make several diagonal slashes into the fish on each side.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, lemongrass, garlic, turmeric and red pepper flakes.
- Rub the mixture on both sides of the fish, including in-between the slits and cavity. Then, dust the fish with a light layer of corn starch.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan or skillet on medium-low. Add the fish and fry for about 5 – 6 minutes with the lid covered.
- Flip the fish and cook the other side, covered for another 5 minutes. Make sure or both sides are crispy and golden brown.
- Remove the lid and turn up the heat to medium-high and fry for another 1 – 2 minutes on each side. This is so the skin will be fully crisp.
- Transfer the fish to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Serve with tomatoes, fresh lettuce and steamed rice. Enjoy!
There you have it – a great recipe on Vietnamese Style Deep-fried Tilapia Set. I sincerely hope you worked up an appetite for this cause you’re in for a real treat! You can also check out other recipes for Tilapia such as Sweet and Sour Tilapia, and Thai Grilled Tilapia with Salt.
Discover more food options and order some snacks or drinks using foodpanda! Just a few clicks and food will be right at your doorstep.