Bread serves as the perfect base to create sandwiches, puddings, croutons and even plain old toast. The thing about toast, or more commonly known to us Malaysian as Roti Bakar is that you can make it any way you want.
In this recipe for roti bakar, we’ll focus on one of Malaysia’s pride and joy, Roti Bakar Butter Kaya. Perfect with a good cup of hot tea.
- 2 slices of white Gardenia bread. (Cut off the crusts, if you’d like)
- Kaya (brand of your choice)
- Butter (brand of your choice)
- Toast the slices of bread until satisfied
- On one piece of toast, spread kaya. On the other, spread butter.
- Put the two pieces of toast together and slice down the middle.
Roti Bakar Recipe
There you have it! One of the most straightforward recipes you’ll ever find for one of the best roti bakar you’ll ever have. So, go ahead and make yourself a cup of tea, grab your roti bakar and be prepared to taste Malaysia’s authenticity.
If you’re hooked on the idea of bread and liked this roti bakar recipe, check out this condensed milk Hainan toast. Or, you could try this simple and tasty banana bread recipe to test your culinary skills. On the other hand, if you’re in for more of a challenge, check out this rye bread recipe.
That said, if you find that you’re out of the three ingredients listed above, go ahead and check out the foodpanda app. They have a variety of food waiting to be delivered to your doorstep.